Latest Town Board Minutes
Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
December 8, 2015
TOWN OF BLAINE
December 8, 2015
Chairman Drake called the December 8, 2015 monthly meeting to order at 6:02 p.m.
Present were Chairman Vern Drake, Supervisor Marty Pearson, Clerk Stephanie Askin, Treasurer Larry Holter, Ron Gallagher, Donny Slipher.
Clerk’s Report: Stephanie presented the board with a list of election judges for 2016-17. Marty motioned to accept the minutes. Vern seconded. Motion passed.
Treasurer’s Reportwas read by Larry Holter.
Expenses were reviewed. Marty made the motion to approve the bills as submitted. Vern seconded. Motion passed
Citizen’s Input: None.
Chairman’s Report: Vern is looking into alternative voting methods for the 121 registered voters of Blaine. An audit was done of the Dairyland Fire Department. The fire department was not in compliance but is making necessary changes to come into compliance and will be audited again next year. Vern is trying to help Blomberg’s with the flood plain issue.
1. Audit of the Dairyland Fire department as above in chairman’s report.
2. Stephanie will issue Robertson’s liquor license foe a half year
3. Shared duties for board members to be reviewed and discuss further.
4. Discussion to turn over building permits to county, waiting to hear from Jason Town on procedure.
5. Agreement with Shane Gallagher for Northland Community Center repairs to continue. Shane will be paid quarterly in the amount of $250 to do minor repairs at the Northland Community Center.
6. The Town of Arna and New Dosey would like to have an ongoing contract to do ditch brushing every year. Vern will work on such a contract.
ITEMS TO BE PLACED ON THE JANUARY AGENDA:
1. Paving ad for McGraw Road
2. Building Permits
3. Shared duties for Board Members
Marty motioned to adjourn at 06:52. Vern seconded. Motion passed. Meeting adjourned.
Stephanie Askin, Clerk
Signed and dated this ___11__ day of December 2015.
Vern Drake, Chairman